Freestanding portable air conditioners, equipped with casters or wheels and a vent to fit in nearby window frames, are the ideal solution for when you need to move your AC from room-to-room. Not only do they provide optimal comfort during hotter months by circulating airflow throughout the immediate area and regulating temperature levels, but they’re also easy to install as long as an installation kit and hose come included with purchase. Read on if you want more information about how these handy units work!
If you possess a medium room such as a den or family room, then it is highly recommended to purchase an air conditioner that carries 12,000 BTU. Not only will this effectively circulate the cool air throughout your space but also provide temperature control for all seasons with its portable AC & heater combination unit!
How Do Portable Air Conditioners Work
- Portable air conditioners operate in a similar fashion to that of a clothes dryer, expelling exhaust via the usage of an ordinary window venting kit.
- Portable units are equipped with water reservoirs that seek to decrease humidity levels. You must routinely empty these reservoirs, but certain models come with the option of attaching a drainage hose for easier emptying.
- Instead of simply evaporating the moisture, certain models further direct the exhaust through an air duct. Not only will this help save time by reducing how often you need to empty out your container, but it can also provide a more efficient and reliable performance.
Single Hose Portable Air Conditioners
- Portable air conditioners with a single hose draw in the stale air from within the room, efficiently circulating it to create a cool and comfortable atmosphere.
- The internal motor of the unit then works to cool down the air and ensure a comfortable temperature in your living space.
- The energy-saving feature also captures any extra warm air and moisture, quickly directing it away through the hose to be expelled outside your window.
- These are not only more energy efficient, but they also come with a smaller price tag than their dual-hose relatives.
Dual Hose Portable Air Conditioners
- Dual hose portable air conditioners are an efficient way to keep the interior temperature cool by sucking in fresh air from outside and circulating it throughout your room.
- After the warm air and moisture are collected, they are funnelled through the unit and released from a different hose.
- Dual-hose air conditioners are renowned for their quick cooling capabilities, outshining single-hose models that generally take longer to cool the room.
Portable Air Conditioner Features
Portable air conditioners come in a variety of styles and brands, each with its own unique set of features. Whether you’re looking for something energy efficient or powerful enough to cool a large space, there’s an ideal portable A/C unit out there that’ll meet your needs!
- Timer– set a start or stop time conveniently based on the current date and time.
- Take advantage of the convenience of operating your unit from afar with its remote control feature.
- Keep cool and comfortable with a fan – the perfect device to circulate fresh air throughout your space without changing the temperature.
- Let the temperature-regulating unit do its job – just set it and forget it! With Auto mode, you can relax knowing that your room will remain perfectly cooled.
- Combat moisture quickly and efficiently with no disruption to the temperatures of your space – Dry/Dehumidify.
- Enjoy the ultimate comfort with this unit’s oscillating action that moves continuously side to side, offering soothing relief all around your room.
Portable Air Conditioner Maintenance
Keeping your portable air conditioner functioning as good as new requires maintenance; here are some simple tips for ensuring the longevity of your system:
- Ensure your machine is running at its peak performance by cleaning the air filter every fortnight.
- For optimal performance, ensure that your filter is regularly cleaned with a mild liquid dish detergent and warm water. Be sure to rinse the filter off diligently and shake out any remaining droplets. Allow the component to air-dry completely before reinstalling it back into place.
- To prevent mold from forming, make sure to drain the water collection tray before and after storage.
- For households with furry friends, it is essential to wipe down the grill regularly in order to keep airflow clear by eliminating any animal hair.
- To keep your air conditioner in pristine condition, be sure to give it a regular cleaning. For safety purposes, always remember to unplug the unit before starting any sort of maintenance work – this will avoid potential electrical shocks or fires.
- To clean the unit, wipe down with a damp cloth that is lint-free and mild soap.
- To protect your unit during the winter months, cover it with a plastic tarp or place it back in its original packaging. Store it indoors and keep it away from any moisture or heat to ensure maximum longevity.